- BSN from Indiana University School of Nursing
- MSN from IUPUI
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Nurses Association
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist - ANCC (American Nurses Association Credentialing Center)
Clinical Populations and Areas of Expertise (not limited to)
- (Not all population groups are listed, please use the filters on the previous page for full results.)
- Adjustment Disorders
- Adolescent Issues
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Disorders
- Asperger Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Behavior / Conduct Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Developmental Disorders
- Faith Issues, Spiritual / Religious Conflict
- Fears and Phobias
- Grief and Loss
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Psychotic Disorders
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Provides: Medication Management
- Treats Patient ages: 5-54
Steve is board certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Mental Health. He has been an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse prescribing medication since 2010, providing compassionate care to patients age 5-55. Steve has clinical experience in the Inpatient and Outpatient settings, as well as, Community Mental Health Centers.
He believes in the Collaborative Problem-Solving approach (CPS) therapeutic method when resolving conflicts between parent and child. His philosophy is that children of all ages, parents, and himself should all be equal members of the team in optimizing the mental health of the individual.
Steve served 8 years in the United States Air Force, he understands the unique situations that military members and their families endure.
In his free time, he enjoys travel, all sports (especially hockey), and running. Steve grew up in northern Ohio and currently resides in Hagerstown, Indiana with his German Shepard, Roderigo. Roderigo was born on Leap Day in 2016 so he is either 4 years old or 1 year old (however you want to look at it)?! Steve also enjoys spending time with his 2 grandchildren and 1 grand dog.