- Emory University, MA in Clinical Psychology (1978) and PhD in Clinical Psychology (1980)
- National Registration of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- University of Texas Medical School, San Antonio Clinical Psychology Residency Program
Clinical Populations (not limited to)
- (Not all population groups are listed, please use the filters on the previous page for full results.)
- Academic Issues
- Adolescent Issues
- Anger Management
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Childhood Disorders / Traumas
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Provides: Family Therapy: Counseling (General), Individual Therapy, and Psychological Testing: ADD / ADHD
- Treats Patient ages: 2-55 or Older
- Family Therapy
- Relationship Based Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Dr. Jones has enjoyed working with kids, teens and their families for the past 40 years.
Along with providing diagnostic and counseling services, he advocates, when needed, for his young patients to receive the services they need at school. His past experiences working within a school setting have fostered his belief that in most cases it is a child psychologist’s responsibility to consult with a young person’s school as an integral part of their treatment.
Dr. Jones believes that an essential aspect of psychotherapy is the development of a relationship based on trust and respect regardless of a patient’s age. It is in this context that he helps individuals recognize how maladaptive behaviors and thoughts contribute to their distress. Dr. Jones helps parents to understand the causes of their children’s behavior and what parenting strategies are most likely to help them.
While Dr. Jones has focused his career on helping young people, he also sees some adult patients. He specializes in identifying and treating people of all ages with attention deficit disorders and autism spectrum conditions. In the past Dr. Jones has worked in outpatient, inpatient, partial hospitalization and residential treatment settings.
He also trained psychology interns at Indiana University School of Medicine for many years.