- University of Indianapolis, PsyD
- Sardar Patel University, PhD
- University of Iowa, Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neurobiology and Neuroscience
- University of Iowa - Specializing in Neuropsychology
- Case Western Reserve University - Training in Comprehensive Neuropsychological Evaluation.
Clinical Populations (not limited to)
- (Not all population groups are listed, please use the filters on the previous page for full results.)
- Academic Issues
- Asperger Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Provides: Couples Counseling: General, Individual Therapy, and Mindfullness Therapy
- Treats Patient ages: 3-55 or Older
- Behavior Modification
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Mindful Awareness
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy from Case Western Reserve University
- Mindful Awareness, Meditation and Yoga from various Buddhist and Indian Monasteries
- Transcendental Meditation Training from the Center of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, India
- Hypnosis from Indian Hypnosis Academy
- International Conference, Andhra University, Department of Psychology, India
- The Center for Neuropsychological Rehabilitation, Indianapolis
- Madison State Hospital, Indiana
- Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa
- Department of Psychiatry, IUPUI, Indianapolis
- International Congress of Schizophrenia Research, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- National Academy of Neuropsychology, San Francisco, California
- Prism Adaptation in Schizophrenia
- Perception of Socially Relevant Stimuli in Schizophrenia
For the past 30 years in my practice I have utilized a combination of treatment modalities of East and West due to my educational training in India and in the USA. I assess the true potential and unique problems of my clients and assist them collaboratively. I view life as a journey and help my clients through compassion by creating a treatment plan to meet their distinct needs based on their strengths. The use of holistic treatment approach helps my clients coping with their day-to-day challenges. Besides Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Behavior Modification I also use various treatment modalities, including Mindful Awareness for which I received training from Dharamshala and various Indian Monasteries.
I enjoy working with individuals ages three and above with diverse backgrounds, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic status, nationality, and cultural values. Clients I have worked with have dealt with many issues such as anxiety, depression, Obsession, Compulsions, trauma, marital & divorce issues, problems with relationship, phobias, mood disorder, life transition, chronic medical management, psychosis/schizophrenia, Tourette syndrome, traumatic brain injuries, cardiovascular disorder, multiple sclerosis, disorders associated with the insult to central nervous system, intellectual disabilities (previously called Mental Retardation) and many more to list here.
I am currently accepting new patients for therapy and assessment.
I earned my first Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Sardar Patel, India. I earned my second doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology (Health Psychology track with the emphasis on neuropsychology) from the University of Indianapolis. I also completed two years post-doctoral fellowship from the department of psychiatry, University of Iowa with an emphasis on neuroimaging, neuroscience and clinical neurobiology. I specialize in neuropsychological and psychological evaluation. I have special interests in memory and learning problems among patients with cardiovascular disorders and traumatic brain injuries. I have done research with a focus in social cognition and motor function among patients with schizophrenia. I have presented my research findings at national and international professional conferences and published articles in many journals.