- University of Saskatchewan, Canada, M.D.
- University of Saskatchewan, Canada, B.A. In Psychology
- Yale University, Medical Internship and General Psychiatry Residency Training Program
- UCLA, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Program
- Board Certified in Psychiatry
- Board Certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Awards and Honors
- Indianapolis Monthly Top Doctors 2012 Guide
- “America's Top Psychiatrists” Consumer's Research Council of America, 2009 and 2010
Medication Management (not limited to)
- (Not all population groups are listed, please use the filters on the previous page for full results.)
- Academic Issues
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety Disorders
- Childhood Disorders / Traumas
- Early Adulthood Transitions
- Fears and Phobias
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Women's Health Issues: PMS/PMDD
- Provides: Medication Management
- Treats Patient ages: 3-35
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dr. Peters has held academic positions at the University of Calgary, Jefferson University, Ohio State University, the University of Cincinnati, and most recently, Indiana University.
Professional Affiliations and Distinctions
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Jayanthi Peters is a double board certified child, adolescent and adult psychiatrist. She completed her adult psychiatry residency at Yale University and her child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at UCLA. Dr. Peters has held academic positions and has practiced in various settings throughout the U.S. and Canada. Her goal is to provide the best clinical care to optimize outcomes for the patients and families whom she treats.
Compassionate, evidence based care to children, adolescents, and young adults. This includes comprehensive evaluations, collaboration with other health care professionals as appropriate, and recommendations encompassing biological, psychological, and social aspects of the individual’s life. Dr. Peters has a specialized interest in executive functioning disorders, pediatric anxiety, and depressive disorders, teaching and telepsychiatry. Dr. Peters lives in Indianapolis with her husband and son.