- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Medical School
- University of Southern Mississippi, Graduate School
- Internship: Chino Valley Medical Center, Chino, CA (Family Medicine)
- Residency: St. Luke’s Hospital, Allentown, PA (Family Medicine)
- Fellowship: Geisinger Health System, Waverly, PA (Addiction Medicine)
Workshops, Lectures, and Publications
- Spoke at the Indiana Prescription Drug Abuse Symposium in 2015 and 2016
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Board of Addiction Medicine
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
Clinical Populations (not limited to)
- (Not all population groups are listed, please use the filters on the previous page for full results.)
- Addictions: Alcohol
- Addictions: Drugs
- Addictions: Gambling
- Addictions: Sexual
- Eating Disorders
- Provides: Evaluations: Substance Abuse, Medication Management, Pain Management, Smoking Cessation, and Suboxone Treatment / Recovery Maintenance
- Treats Patient ages: 18-55 or Older
Darrin Mangiacarne, DO, MPH, CPE was the former Medical Director at Virginia Premier Health Plan. He is board certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine and the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians.
Prior to his role with Virginia Premier Health Plan, Dr. Mangiacarne was an addictionologist for Pine Grove Behavioral Health and Addiction Services in Hattiesburg, Mississippi where he was responsible for the Women’s Center and Legacy Program. Additionally, he worked with the impaired health professionals program.
Dr. Mangiacarne earned his bachelor’s degree in biology from Lycoming College, his master’s degree in public health from the University of Southern Mississippi and his medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He is also certified as a physician executive.